I've heard that if you can do anything for 21 days, then it becomes a habit. My goal is to develop a habit of being TIMELY.
I am the worse procrastinator with time. In one of my previous posts, I'm sure I complained about how I just could not get my life together to be organized, efficient, and most importantly ON TIME. I wasn't getting to work until 9 p.m........spending 1 hour at the gym (which has been fruitless because I have actually gained a few pounds, and please don't say it's muscle--I know the difference between fat and muscle, lol)........and getting home well into the evening, to rush around trying to prepare a decent meal.
I'm happy to report that yesterday, and this morning included, I have successfully arrived to work at 8 a.m.!!! Yesterday it felt amazing to only take a 30-minute quick workout lunchbreak, so that I could leave at 4:30 p.m. I was able to stop at the grocery store, too, and get home in time to make a decent meal and get Kwabi in bed and fast asleep by 9 p.m.
YAY!
I left the house at 7:14 a.m. today and it still took me a whole 50 minutes to get to work.....arriving through the door at (oh, correct me) 8:04 a.m.
Not too shabby.....If only I can keep it up for another 19 days, then we may have created a new, positive habit :)
No comments:
Post a Comment