4/15/2009

So It's True What They Say....

So it's true what they say....that by 3 months in, most people sabotage their New Year's resolutions. Okay....so I haven't completely sabotaged my resolutions...but I definitely have gotten off track.

I have broken down and used my credit card for things that I shouldn't have: bus tickets to New York for this coming weekend...concert tickets... a mannequin... labels for my Mellow Joe baby accessories...several things. It felt nice not having a credit card bill. Now, it sucks when I see that I owe $500, and now I am left with no money to pay extra on my car because I've got this credit card bill to pay off.

I realize that there really is no extra money in my budget, especially when trying to come up with an extra $300 to pay for my car each month. And I don't even know if that is the most wise idea anymore! I saw something recently by Suze Orman that says in this economy, holding on to that cash is probably better than trying to get your debt paid off. As long as you're paying on time, save that extra cash and those extra payments. Cash is prime in this economy.

So is it back to the drawing board?? Not sure yet.....

Anyhow, I just know that I need to reevaluate where I am with resolutions and hope that I can get myself back on track.

One of the wild cards that I knew was about to be played with our rental property in my hometown. My family is moving out, and I knew that we needed to get renters pretty quickly. So I am happy to report that we have found an awesome renter who will be moving in June 1! We will be taking a several hundred dollar loss on it per month....but what's better--several hundred dollars or over a thousand for a place that sits empty?? You do the math. I think in this economy, with mortgages being high, and rental prices dropping, it's just what you've got to day (i.e. suck it up and pay the difference) in order to keep your credit pristine and to keep from going under.

But I'm happy that we found someone great so quickly!

I'm going to spend the rest of April trying to figure out how to get myself back on track with what I am trying to accomplish in 2009.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Statcounter