5/05/2009

Yes, Man

I saw a movie recently, starring Jim Carrey, called "Yes Man." Carrey plays a man who's wife left him some time ago, and since then, he'd make up lies and excuses and reasons for saying "no" to everything--from going out with his friends, to denying loans to every single customer that came through his bank, where he works as a loan officer. His friend convinces him to come to a seminar that teaches people to say "yes" to everything. Carrey goes, and upon leaving, begins to say "yes" to everything (even a bum who asks him for all his money, lol). I won't get into the whole movie summary. If you're interested, you can read about it here.

The surprising thing is that this movie is based on a memoir of the same name (i.e. Yes Man) by British humourist Danny Wallace. The books tells of the 6-month period in which he committed himself to saying "yes" to everything based on a brief conversation with a stranger he met on the bus.

Kwasi actually turned me on to this movie, telling me (er--spoiling) the funny parts of the movie, but also telling me that he himself as Carrey in the movie; that he wants to start doing more exciting things with his life. When I watched the movie, I felt the same motivation.

What an awesome idea! Imagine all the things we pass up in life because we're too tired...too lazy...too busy...unsure if we're going to have a good time...Granted, Carrey take things to the extreme, going as far as letting a senior citizen provide a "sexual release," or marrying a mail-order bride. LOL.......Humorous, yes. But if you dig deep, the concept is amazing--

Say "yes" more often, and just see what adventures unfold before you.

I've decided that I'm going to try to say "yes" more often....can't wait to see what's in store for me!

No comments:

Statcounter