Okay, so here's the very first post......the post that sets the tone for what I want to accomplish through the decimation of my procrastination.....There are things I want to achieve, whether it be life goals, or simple tasks that I want to mark off of my Things To Do list....And this will become the forum for which I will succeed.
Whether that success means that I end up getting what I want, or if it means I simply ACT and the results are not what I wanted or expected, who cares. The point is that I am ACTING, and getting shit done.
So I am putting an end to procrastination and here are the things that I will be working on. Thanks to all of those who said they will be holding me personally accountable now that I've made them known to the world.....(lol, thanks, Jess)
My Procrastinations:
1. Homebuying...whether we can really afford it or not, but I will end procrastion and start working on using actual numbers and factual information to make the decision instead of my own fear and uncertainty.
2. Evaluating elementary schools so we could make a more informed decision about where to even look for homes.....or evaluating private schools in the event we stay in our condo and send Kwabi to private school.
3. Getting Kwabena's room set up. His crib, which he hasn't used in 8 months, is still standing in his room, empty. Not sure where the procrastination is coming from on that. Maybe uncertainty of how to take it apart? Where and how to even store it post-deconstruction??
4. Sewing. I use lack of time as an excuse, but somehow I find hours and hours to play on my new Mac. Maybe I don't think I can succeed with my sewing, so I am avoiding even doing it.
As I said in my post on my other blog site (http://kwabenagyata.blogspot.com/2008/08/end-to-procrastination.html), I'm sure there are tons of other things I am procrasting on, but let's take this a few steps at a time and not the whole flight of stairs. LOL
Here's to the end of procrastination! :)
Cheers!
No comments:
Post a Comment