8/12/2008

The Quest of the Crib

I figured I would start with the easiest thing: the crib!

I called the store where I bought the crib and requested instructions for how to dismantle the crib. I'm sure Kwasi could figure it out, but I would rather not wait on him and his procrastination to get the crib taken apart; I'd rather do it myself.

I need the instructions and the store said they would fax me a copy, but 15 minutes later, they are no where to be found. I might have to call them again.

I also decided to list the crib for sale. It's actually a beautiful crib that took me quite a while to pick out during those pregnancy days!! It's sad to think Kwabena only got to use it for 10 whole months. What a waste of $500!

Yes, I paid $500 for the crib. I did my research and wanted a "good" brand that would stand the test of time, so I knew Mother Hubbard made the grade.

Each time I bring up to Kwasi the need to get the crib out of Kwabena's room and get him a real twin-sized bed, Kwasi scolds me for spending so much on a crib that barely got much use. But could I have known that our active little "Flash" would be hurling himself over the side at a mere 16-months?? Most moms I know have toddlers that are still in their cribs, content to let Mommy and Daddy come get them out. Not my son!

So I listed the crib for sale on Craig's List, partly just to see if I will get a response from anyone at the price I specified: $425. It actually retails for $649.99, but the store I bought it from always has 20% off coupons, so at $520 plus tax, it's a $100 difference. I think that is fair, right? We'll see if we get any bites.

If no bites, then we will dismantle the crib and store it in the storage area of our building, in hopes of pulling it out for Future Baby #2 ;-)

Not a bad start for trying to get stuff done! :)

No comments:

Statcounter