I am feeling pretty good right now. There's something about writing your goals down (er...typing them out) for the whole world to see (um....maybe the few people that like to read this, LOL) that makes you feel so damn accountable.
Right now, this drive to decimate my procrastination is catching.....to all facades of my life (except leaving the house on time, but that's a whole 'nother conversation).
Last night the clock was ticking away, and as it etched closer to midnight....and then 12:30 a.m.....I realized that I must get this financial information that the mortgage lender will need tonight for our 6 p.m. rendezvous at Austin Grill.
I am going there tonight to meet with him (Richard) and Vanda, my agent, so that we can run numbers for me and Kwasi's loan application. Kwasi's not coming, but honestly, I think it's better this way. I've always taken the lead on stuff like this, and Kwasi's the kind of guy that would rather me come present him with the bottom line rather than all the minute details. So that's what I'll do.
So anyhow, I sat there last night, feeling myself procrastinating on pulling together the financial pieces I needed, until I finally kicked my ass into gear. I tried printing our 2007 tax returns, as well as our financial outlook spreadsheet that we update 1-2 times per year, but my stupid printer was acting up (if I could stop procrastinating on getting my new printer connected, I wouldn't have had that problem, lol....but hey, one thing at a time.....). Thankfully, today at work, I finished pulling together the forms I needed.
This new-found sense of "getting shit done" has spread to other things in my life, too.
Here's what else I accomplished today:
- I finally prepared to mail off our supplemental Life Insurance application which was 4 months past due.....
- Bitched out Sprint for over-charging me for internet usage which I thought was part of my plan. Luckily they reversed the over-charges.
- Went for a 30-minute walk/
- Faxed my daycare recipt for reimbursement (I always procrastinate on this!!)
Within this scope of nixing procrastination, I've also become a bit more frugal in my spending. This might also have something to do with my new expensive-ass Mac (which was worth every penny, by the way) which I need to scrape together every penny to pay for. But I believe that this great feeling of "getting stuff done" makes me feel more organized and more in control of all aspects of my life.
So last night after meeting with Vanda, I was famished, and was going to stop at Chipotle for a $6.00 burrito and $3.00 bottle of juice. Yes, the line was long and that was part of the reason for not going inside (and the fact that parking was a bitch), but I would like to think that I made a conscious decision NOT to waste $9.00 when I very well could have gotten something to eat at home. I also was able to fore-go spending extra cash at the grocery store last night when I stopped.
Instead, I ate a plum that curbed my hunger until I was able to get Kwabi to sleep, and then I made a nice, tasty bowl of oatmeal with maple syrup, topped with salty peanuts. :)
I'm very interested in seeing what kind of positive results I get with this new-found "go getter" attitude.
Man....I'm loving this blog! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment