6/04/2011

A Day of Spending

So yesterday was a day of getting money back from Home Depot.....and today was a day of spending it!!!! YIKES.

I knew that our community yard sale was this morning, so some of the cash I had gotten back I knew would go towards this. I LOVE yard sales!! You just never know what you'll find. And we found a lot of great stuff-- wall candle sconces for $3.00 a pair (never opened)..........$1.00 for a floor length cheapy mirror that I think I might be able to do something creative with.........$1.00 for a globe for my son, to learn geography........$4.00 for a candle light holder I ended up giving to Mom......$1.00 for a dress-up dress for my niece (belated birthday present), etc. I felt like I got a lot of good stuff. Oh, and some batting for my sewing. Only $2.00 for a bag, unopened. Oh, and I found the cutest two stuffed animals-- a new bear for the baby, and a bright blue dolphin for Ohene. Fun day! I really would have liked to hit more yard sales, but today was my son's last day for t-ball and we needed to make his 1 p.m. game.

At t-ball, my 17-month old make a total mess of himself playing in the dirt/dust/rocks. It only solidified my decision to get them a sandbox instead of a pool (although the pool will come later! They have one at Target fro $22). Anyhow, I checked tonight on Amazon, and this is the one I've had my eye on. It was $25 less than before, too! :)




I had two $25 Amazon gift cards, a total of $50, so I used that, and then put $25 towards it. I can't wait for the kids to have a fun sandbox to play in!!!!!

No comments:

Statcounter